After Heart Cath

After Heart Cath

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grade "A" Parenting

Soooo things have really started to pick up here and my heart and feelings haven't fully caught up with me yet.  Adam goes for his open heart surgery on February 22nd, which we found out only a couple days ago which is why it hasn't totally caught up to me yet.  Amongst all the craziness, finding out that Adam does for sure have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and will have to have surgery for that too we were asked to get his teeth checked for surgery as the teeth and the heart are interlocked.  I seriously felt so nervous over taking him to the dentist as it felt like the first major parenting report card.  As a parent of a toddler we are responsible for helping to shape their little minds, feed and water their little bodies and brush their teeth to prevent cavities.  It feels like if your child doesn't have a tooth issue and their mouth is full of cavities that you are graded as a crappy parent and get a lower grade per cavity.  I've never really cared about what people thought of my parenting as I know I'm great Mom. I spend time with my boy, we do crafts, play, puddle jump, have a date night and his great personality shows for it.  When it came to his teeth I cared because it could show a huge faulter in my parenting.  I was almost sweating I was so nervous it was a very strange feeling.  I'm sure I am far from the only parent who became veklemped over the idea of my child at the dentist and thinking oh god do not let me fail this test, I hate tests... I am so glad to say that we passed, Grade "A" all the way, we missed that "A+" due to the fact Adam has a soother still though not for long and his teeth should correct themselves.  Now to keep up the good work, keep Adam cold free for the next week and we're on to the biggest thing to happen in our entire lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment