After Heart Cath

After Heart Cath

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Differences

When travelling back from our family vacation I saw a huge difference between my husband and I.  To me a family vacation is travelling during the day, making stops and seeing things, chatting, singing and lots and lots of pictures.  To my husband travelling is driving all night long so that our 2 year old son is asleep so he can get there as soon as possible and not enjoy the ride, lol.  For me the all night long thing sucks because I usually don't get much sleep during the 10 hour drive to family and then that morning when we arrive I have to take care of said 2 year old who is wired for sound for sitting for well 10 hours.  Hubby is of course in slumber land enjoying himself.  As we made our way home during the day, with a happy son more that 90% of the time, sleeping another 8% of the time and that slight 2% overcast of emotions my hubby made the comment that he could have saved at least an hour if we were all asleep and that's what mattered..... luckily for his health he was joking but that's when the light went off in my head.  Our versions of family trips, family time and marriage are so vastly different and need to be discussed.  Adam has so much to fight and live for and we need to make sure that we are both on the same path, even if it's on each side of the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment