After Heart Cath

After Heart Cath

Monday, April 16, 2012

Single Mom vs Single Dad grocery shopping

So I am faaarrrr from perfect.  My house is a disaster to spend time with Adam, get work done and try and do anything else on the side.  Today I noticed a big difference in the sexes when it comes to grocery shopping. I was with Adam picking up one of his medications and a few other odds and ends for the week.  Him and I shopping together consisted of a watermelon, a clamshell of strawberries, green onions, celery, granola bars, sweet chili sauce, milk, fruit cups and a bag of chips.  Adam is asking for more chocolate, toys, etc. and I put my foot down after Easter as we have enough for the rest of the year and he has more than enough crap in this house.  I tripped over enough of it coming home lol.  Look over at the Dad shopping with his little girl, total opposite of Adam and I.  He has a stuffed dog on the belt, she is asking for chocolate and he is grabbing her some, there are boxes of Kraft Dinner and Hamburger Helper, vats of detergent and an endless supply of quick and easy pre made meals.  Now I know that this can go both ways but we looked at each other and laughed because there I was meany mommy not letting Adam have anything but fresh fruit and veggies that are on sale, no toys, not chocolates though we did splurge on a bag of chips.  He was letting her do whatever, everything was pre made and not even a banana was being bagged up.  That poor Dad didn't stand a chance with his little girl and Adam didn't stand a chance with his Mom lol. Now I have Kraft Dinner in my cupboards, we had chicken strips and fries for dinner and have eaten our fair share of Chef Boy R Dee but it sure isn't everything that I buy on a shop.  A very interesting moment of two parents with toddlers pushing to get their way and how each of us responded completely differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment